TechAdvance is a payment application development company with a strategic focus in developing and deploying niche payment companies to serve the needs of large public and private sector organisations in Emerging markets.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Intermediate Android Developer
Location: Lagos (Remote)
- If building infrastructure for hundreds of businesses in Africa excites you, this role is for you.
- We are looking for an Intermediate Android Developer who will be responsible for Android/Mobile development.
Every day, you will …
- Design, build and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Java code
- Design and build advanced applications for the Android platform
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features
- Work with outside data sources and APIs
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability and general reliability
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance
- Continuously discover, evaluate and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
You would be great for this role if you have…
- Minimum of 3 years of proven software development experience and Android skills development
- Proven working experience in Android SDK, third-party libraries and APIs
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends and emerging technologies
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle, including shipping Android apps to the Google Play Store
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns and best practices
What’s In It For You?
- Grow your network by working with some of the best minds we know. You will also get to work with an amazing team of designers, managers and strategists.
- We believe we’re doing impactful work at Bloc—helping founders build FinTech solutions for the African market, indirectly contributing to financial inclusion. You will get first-hand experience contributing to impact-driven work.
Where would you work?
- We have an office in Lagos. However, we currently work remote, though once in a while there might be a need for physical presence.
You shouldn’t take this role if …
- You need top-down step-by-step directions on how to carry your tasks. You will work in a very fast-paced, quick learning environment. You will work in very high impact areas and collaborating with your team is of utmost importance to drive alignment.
- You find excuses for why you can’t get something done. While we understand that there’s a possibility that your skill level may not be as advanced, “not possible” is not a reply we want to hear.
Application Closing Date
5th November, 2021.